Field Service Technician – Southern California Americas HQ
|Department: OPTEX Entrance Division
Location: Rancho Dominguez, CA
OPTEX is the world leader in sensing solutions. With over 40 years of experience and over 25 companies in our global portfolio, OPTEX specializes in security sensing solutions utilizing laser, passive, and active infrared detection technology, including a variety of hardwired and wireless outdoor and indoor products. OPTEX perimeter security solutions is respected globally with applications deployed at some of the world's most critical security sites.
Our Entrance Division supplies our customers with safety and activation solutions suited for automatic Swing, Sliding and Revolving doors, as well as products for Secured Entry and Industrial door applications.
Our America headquarters is located in Rancho Dominguez, California.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
This is an opportunity for a service-minded professional to work, learn and grow with a team of dedicated professional technicians who serve in the pedestrian, industrial and high-performance door solutions industry.
We are willing to train those that demonstrate an electro-mechanical background.
Service Technicians are responsible to:
- Perform technical support services on automatic door sensors
- This position will interface with the automatic door dealer technicians, customers, manufacturers, end-users, and general contractors
- Expected to participate in training programs offered and remain AAADM certified
- Wear and maintain any/all Personal Protection Equipment and work in a safe and efficient manner to prevent accidents to themselves, co-workers, end-users on site and the general public and property of all concerned
- Travel to customer sites and offer technical and troubleshooting field service
- Background and drug test are required prior to employment as well as an acceptable MVR (Motor Vehicle Record). OPTEX America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEOC/ADA
- Must possess a strong ability in electro-mechanical aptitude
- AAADM certified preferred
- Be able to work cooperatively and communicate both written and orally
- Also, the ability to lift up to 100 pounds
- Have the Physical ability to continuously lift and bend, climb ladders, work on knees for extended periods of time and proficient operating power tools
- Must have good mechanical ability, able to repair electro-mechanical devices and understand and work with basic electrical circuits and relay logic
- High School diploma or degree in any field
- Degree in Electrical Technology preferred but not required
The job may require up to 25% travel
- English and Spanish bilingual language skills are a plus
- Previous experience in automatic doors, overhead doors or automatic gates is desired/a plus
What does OPTEX Inc. offer the employee?
- Medical Insurance: OPTEX Inc. offers a variety of insurance plans to its employees and will pay 75% of premiums for you and your dependents up to the equivalent of PPO Silver level. You will be eligible for company provided health benefits 60 days from your hire date.
- 401K Retirement: You will be eligible to participate in our 401K retirement plan. This is a “Safe Harbor” plan that will match employee contribution.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – Vacation / Sick days
- Competitive salary
TO APPLY, Please Send Resume & Cover Letter: