OPTEX Entrance Division Sales Manager
Western Region (CA, OR, WA, ID NV, AZ, UT, AK, WY, MT, HI)
This position will be responsible for calling on a wide range of AAADM certified automatic door distributors, installers, industrial door dealers, and architects. We need a sales professional capable of relationship and technical solution selling within the industrial and pedestrian construction market segments to gain approval for the product lines represented OPTEX Inc.
- Communicate effectively with a variety of decision makers and influencers including authorized AAADM certified automatic door distributors, furnish & install automatic door contractors, facility managers, OEM manufacturers, project managers, architects etc.…
- Manage a sales territory including developing short- and long-term sales plans.
- Identify and classify the sales potential of each client.
- Establish a network of clients with a high level of trust, developing relationships quickly and easily.
- Sell opening solutions as a consultant using a communication approach that can be effective with a diverse audience.
- Apply discovery abilities including prospecting, profiling, qualifying, identifying client needs, and presenting solutions.
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision with 2 years sales experience in an industry related product.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university with courses in construction management, architectural design and computer systems highly desirable.
- Knowledge of construction processes and the roles of end user -owner, architect, construction. manager, general contractor, automatic door distributors, etc.
- Hands on experience with automatic door and door hardware.
- Ability to read and understand specifications, facility standards and technical installation instructions.
- Strong communication, time management, negotiation, and follow-up skills.
- Technical aptitude in the electro-mechanical door hardware industry.
- Desire and ability to demonstrate sales leadership.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25-50 lbs. of sample and display material for sale presentations.
- AAADM Certification a plus.
- Medical Insurance - OPTEX Inc. offers a variety of insurance plans to its employees and will pay 75% of premiums for you and your dependents up to the equivalent of PPO Silver level. You will be eligible for company provided health benefits 60 days from your hire date.
- 401K Retirement - You will be eligible to participate in our 401K retirement plan. This is a “Safe Harbor” plan that will match employee contribution.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - Holidays + Vacation + Sick Days
TO APPLY, Please Send Resume & Cover Letter: