OPTEX Entrance Division Sales Manager – Western Region
(CA, OR, WA, ID, NV, AZ, UT, CO, NM, AK, WY, MT, HI)
OPTEX Inc. is the wholly owned subsidiary of OPTEX Ltd. Japan, manufacturer of advanced Automatic Door Sensor Products. OPTEX Inc. is responsible for all sales and service of OPTEX Door Sensor Products in North, Central and South America. Our customers are leaders in the fields of Automatic Door manufacturing, sales, installation, and service. Choose OPTEX, it's the Safe Choice...Always.
Thank you for taking the time to visit our website. At OPTEX Inc., we are enthusiastic about what we do and how our products and services benefit not only our customers but also society. Our mission is to make society more convenient and safer by the application of OPTEX Advanced Technology. Our products not only make automatic doors safer, but also more responsive to natural human movement and therefore, allow the door to respond more naturally with its environment.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
This position will be responsible for calling on a wide range of AAADM certified automatic door distributors, installers, industrial door dealers, specifiers, and architects. We need a sales professional capable of relationship and technical solution selling within the industrial and pedestrian construction market segments to gain approval for the product lines represented OPTEX Inc.
- Communicate effectively with a variety of decision makers and influencers including authorized AAADM certified automatic door distributors, furnish & install automatic door contractors, facility managers, OEM manufacturers, project managers, architects etc.
- Manage a sales territory including developing short- and long-term sales plans.
- Identify and classify the sales potential of each client.
- Establish a network of clients with a high level of trust, developing relationships quickly and easily.
- Sell opening solutions as a consultant using a communication approach that can be effective with a diverse audience.
- Apply discovery abilities including prospecting, profiling, qualifying, identifying client needs, and presenting solutions.
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision with 2 years sales experience in an industry related product.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university with courses in construction management, architectural design and computer systems highly desirable.
- Knowledge of construction processes and the roles of end user -owner, architect, construction. manager, general contractor, automatic door distributors, etc.
- Hands on experience with automatic door and door hardware.
- Ability to read and understand specifications, facility standards and technical installation instructions.
- Strong communication, time management, negotiation, and follow-up skills.
- Technical aptitude in the electro-mechanical door hardware industry.
- Desire and ability to demonstrate sales leadership.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25-50 lbs. of sample and display material for sale presentations.
- AAADM Certification a plus.
- Ability and commitment to travel 50-75% of the time.
- Medical Insurance: OPTEX Inc. offers a variety of insurance plans to its employees and will pay 75% of premiums for you and your dependents up to the equivalent of PPO Silver level. You will be eligible for company provided health benefits 60 days from your hire date.
- 401K Retirement: You will be eligible to participate in our 401K retirement plan. This is a “Safe Harbor” plan that will match employee contribution.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – Vacation / Sick days
TO APPLY, Please Send Resume & Cover Letter: