Field Service Technician – Southern California Americas HQ
|Department: OPTEX Security Division|
Location: Rancho Dominguez, CA
OPTEX is the world leader in sensing solutions. With over 40 years of experience and over 25 companies in our global portfolio, OPTEX specializes in security sensing solutions utilizing laser, passive, and active infrared detection technology, including a variety of hardwired and wireless outdoor and indoor products. OPTEX perimeter security solutions is respected globally with applications deployed at some of the world's most critical security sites.
Our America headquarters is located in Rancho Dominguez, California.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
This is an opportunity for a service-minded professional to work, learn and grow with a team of dedicated professional technicians who serve in the residential, industrial and high-performance security solutions industry.
We are willing to train those that demonstrate an electro-mechanical background.
Tech support specialist are responsible to:
- Technical support via phone and (occasionally on-site) to resolve and satisfy customer problems
- This position will interface with the security dealer technicians, customers, manufacturers, end-users, and general contractors
- Wear and maintain any/all Personal Protection Equipment and work in a safe and efficient manner to prevent accidents to themselves, co-workers, end-users on site and the general public and property of all concerned
- Provide light assembly and customize products
- Test and process returned products
- Test new products to support R&D team in Japan
- Basic electrical knowledge (preferably low voltage)
- Be able to work cooperatively and communicate both written and orally
- Also, the ability to lift up to 60 pounds
- Have the Physical ability to continuously lift and bend, work on feet for extended periods of time and proficient operating power tools
- Must have good mechanical ability, able to test electro-mechanical devices and understand and work with basic electrical circuits and relay logic
- High School diploma or degree in any field
- Degree in Electrical Technology preferred but not required
- English and Spanish bilingual language skills are a plus
- Previous experience in intrusion alarm/fire installation and automatic gates is desired/a plus
What does OPTEX Inc. offer the employee?
- Medical Insurance: OPTEX Inc. offers a variety of insurance plans to its employees and will pay 75% of premiums for you and your dependents up to the equivalent of PPO Silver level. You will be eligible for company provided health benefits 60 days from your hire date.
- 401K Retirement: You will be eligible to participate in our 401K retirement plan. This is a “Safe Harbor” plan that will match employee contribution.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – Vacation / Sick days
- Competitive salary
TO APPLY, Please Send Resume & Cover Letter: